Sunday, January 11, 2009

Written after reading "The Women Who Run With Wolves

Written after reading "The Women Who Run With Wolves

To run with the wolves is a hard journey. One undertaken with trepidation, yet wonder. As the path changes I sometimes stumble and fall, biting at the dirt. As time passes my footpads become calloused and hard so the thorns and jagged rocks along the path no longer cut nor bruise. As the path widens the sky clears and my vision becomes keener. My eyes glow with wonder at all that lays before me. In the distance, the image of one who runs before me is brilliant on the horizon. I pant with exertion to catch up. The anticipation of being taught the steps to completion is breathtaking. As I stride closer to the horizon the face of the image becomes clear. It is myself.
BLC MARCH 94

No comments: