Sunday, January 11, 2009

GROUCHY NEIGHBORS

I have the grouchiest old neighbor you could ever imagine. Sometimes late at night when I'm just settling down to sleep he starts throwing rocks at my house.
This may sound crazy but the attacks make my whole body hurt sometimes. I don't know why he picked me to live beside. I like to think it is because I'm special.
Now, you would think that a grouchy neighbor, that also happens to be old, would go to bed early, but this one keeps strange hours.
From time to time the authorities have been called in and warnings have been issued, but he is an ornery old cuss. He has been bothering people since 1957 but he will just not go away. He's just a bit eccentric and no one knows where he came from or how to make him go away. They just know that the pressure he has put on neighbors in the past is sometimes deadly. The only thing that can stop his deadly aggravation is a sense of humor and a positive way of looking at things.
I need to rectify my ramblings just a bit so a clearer picture of my neighbor can be seen. You see I have a syndrome called Behcet's Syndrome.
I believe that everything in life must contain a gift or we would not otherwise be involved in the situation. The way I deal with this disease is the same way I would deal with a grumpy old neighbor.
I smile and leave cookies on his doorstep and just try and be polite. My syndrome and I just happen to have chosen the same neighborhood as my body to live in and we have learned to get along.

No comments: